Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours

It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Post subject: Build 135
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 am 
Site Admin

There's a small client patch for today. There are now 3 sprites for each monster type. Meta level 1/2 share a sprite, meta level 3/4 share another sprite, and meta level 5/6 (legendary/wem) share a third sprite. Note there is currently a bug and the small combat popup window only shows the base sprite. I have to change something server side to correct this issue. Thanks again to SEBlog for working on the graphics for this!

don

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Build 135
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 am 

Love the update. Thanks SEBlog!
Look what I saw. Ignore the puddle. That's just sweat. It was hot in there.....

Attachments:
lbd.png
lbd.png [ 15.18 KiB | Viewed 9081 times ]
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm 

I think levels 1-3 should get the basic sprite, level 4 and legendary should get the "upgraded" sprite, and the WEMs should get the final, radically recolored sprite.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:45 pm 

Broseidon wrote:
I think levels 1-3 should get the basic sprite, level 4 and legendary should get the "upgraded" sprite, and the WEMs should get the final, radically recolored sprite.

Well I wanted the uncommon tier to start at level two and the rare to start at 4. I didn't make these so that would never be seen Bro. But I'm going to revisit this all later so I don't mind how it is now.

Just to make sure, when I do get to that, my naming scheme for that is going to go copperGolem.png (ML1), copperGolem1.png (ML2), copperGolem2.png (ML3), copperGolem3.png (ML4), copperGolem4.png(ML5&6). That's not going to cause any problems down the road is it don?

EDIT: The Fire Essence Ingredient icon didn't get fixed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm 

Broseidon wrote:

WEMs only go up to Ancient Ents so that's all we'd see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

SEBlog wrote:
Just to make sure, when I do get to that, my naming scheme for that is going to go copperGolem.png (ML1), copperGolem1.png (ML2), copperGolem2.png (ML3), copperGolem3.png (ML4), copperGolem4.png(ML5&6). That's not going to cause any problems down the road is it don?

if there were 6 icons one for each metalevel it wouldn't be an issue. Unsure why the ingredient is broken. i pasted the one you sent in with the rest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Tellah wrote:
WEMs only go up to Ancient Ents so that's all we'd see.

That can be fixed. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:07 pm 

don wrote:
SEBlog wrote:

if there were 6 icons one for each metalevel it wouldn't be an issue. Unsure why the ingredient is broken. i pasted the one you sent in with the rest.

I'm just going to go "1", "2", "3", "4" ,"5" and "6" to cut down on the confusion then unless "" is a necessity.
I checked the Jar file to see if essenceFireIngredient.png was in there and it was. Did you update the file name in the icon code?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

SE your naming scheme is fine. I didn't change any filenames for the essence file. I merely dropped the file into the jar. Was i supposed to do something different with it?

don

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 am 

Well I changed the name from essenceFire.png to essenceFireIngredient.png. I couldn't leave the file named as essenceFire.png because than this fileImage would then overwrite this fileImage. We didn't encounter this problem with essenceAir.png or essenceWater.png because there isn't Air or Water mob stats.

Didn't you replace "essenceFire.png" to "essenceFireIngredient.png" in that item's graphic locator code?

Offline Profile