Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours

It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Post subject: Build 139
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

[change] turned packet out of bounds error reporting back on.
[update] added updated bag icons from SEBlog
[bugfix] when an item leveled up ALL attributes were changing instead of just some
[balance] lowered max attribute change on items for lower level items
[feature] WEMs now show general compass direction when tney spawn
[bugfix] WEMs were spawning in a diagonal line SE of town

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Build 139
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 am 

I'm going to be blunt. I'm not at all happy with the changes made to the game. The bonuses to non-white are now downright miniscule and almost never are they positive to begin with. The lack of additional stats is also a major issue, as I now often feel I have no reason to go out looking for loot.

One the other things that's bothered me is that Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing were all lumped together. In conjunction with the fact that no other stats are being generated, you get this.
With the exception of the cloak and amulet, none of my magical or special stats are being augmented by my equipment.

I also have issues with core changes made to equipment made all together. Instead of a flexible and nuanced equipment loot table, it's been replaced by rigid tiered loot table. I simplified preferred the old system. Did I think it was perfect? No, but I didn't think it needed to be torn down and replaced altogether.

One issue brought up by the rigid tiered loot table? Weight and stamina. The higher the Attack or Defense, the higher the defense. So far I've only heard of one person getting an item that provided stamina regeneration since the item wipe. There needs to be better trade off for wearing plate armor over lighter armor. When all the gear containing stamina regeneration was wiped 2 days ago, I had 700 minor stamina potions, now I'm down to 300. I'm starting to feel tethered to the town. Forget spending tokens to get to distant lands, I don't have the means to stave off constant exhaustion any more. Nor do I have the means to create Teleportation potions.

Also essences, so far, I have gotten more essences randomly from corpses than I have essence reclamation. The current system sounds good but it's just not producing the results that we're use to and in my experience no longer feels worth while. Item level needs to be thrown back into the equation.

I'm not going to lie, the changes I have listed have essentially stripped away the reasons I play the chipped dagger. Exploration, Growth and Reward. I'm not saying the changes made are bad, just antipodal to my interests. Here are some things I feel could help the situation.

-Unless you plan to combine them into a physical stat, separate Bludgeoning, Piecing and Slashing.

-Fix the return rates of essence reclamation.

-There needs to be more satisfying trade off in place for wearing light or heavy armor.

-Dealing with the weight\stamina problems.
--Equipment weighing less when it is unequipped.
--Magical bags of holding that reduce or nullify.
--A stackable item that has a negative weight.

Also, make it so mobs drop rings, amulets and cloaks into the local areas. And fix the chain coif lore bug in the market.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:34 am 

Things are only lvl8 maybe give it some time

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

You burn more stamina during attacks
[balance] players now burn 3 stamina per attack when attacking monsters/players (up from 1.5 stamina drain per attack)

I think these changes more then compensate for it:

[balance] health/stamina potion drop rate increased (to help counter lack of base health regen and higher stamina burn rate during combat)
[balance] requirements to increase health and stamina using essenses now increase every 100 increases instead of every 20. This will make increasing health and stamina much less painful

I would imagine that more stamina gear will drop as items progress.
I don't really see it as a problem. I didn't have much of an issue with health or stamina. Gives me a reason to use up all the pots I have.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:48 pm 

once a stam regen item appears it will be ok bc 1 stam regen makes a bog difference.

Offline Profile